There is an AutoLISP program called prof.lsp made for drawing 2D and 3D (steel) profiles in AutoCAD. It is part of a package "UP" but you may want to use it separate.
On http://neonescio.viaisn.org/~wiebe/me/prof/ you'll find some documentation.
Copy files at http://neonescio.viaisn.org/~wiebe/me/bin/ to a local directory
- Edit prof.lsp, at line ~20 replace (defun PROF () for (defun c:PROF ()
- Add this directory to the AutoCAD search path (tools - options - files tab - search path - add directory)
You may want to copy http://neonescio.viaisn.org/~wiebe/me/prof/ local or on paper
- After starting the program, just for once enter (load "prof") on the command line
When you need a profile, just run it from the command line: prof <enter>
Type an option, see http://neonescio.viaisn.org/~wiebe/me/prof/#cold_prof
- answer additional questions, invoegpunt means insertionpoint and hoek means corner
- Remember this program is part of a package called UP.
Everything is GPL-ed, see http://gnu.org for more.
- If you want to improve things, feel free to do so, contact me to do it in a cooperative spirit. If you want to add information on this page please do so.